- Cooking Time: 60 plus minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- •1 cup canned or fresh corn (chopped slightly)
- •2 3/4 cup milk
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •1 cup yellow cornmeal
- •1/2 cup sweet butter cut into 1" pieces
- •3 eggs, room temp, separated
- •2 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- •1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- 1.In medium saucepan boil corn in 2 cups of milk, salt.
- 2.Slowly add cornmeal.
- 3.Stir until very thick, remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- 4.Add rest of the 3/4 milk.
- 5.Blend in yolks, one at a time.
- 6.Add sugar.
- 7.This part can be made up to 6 hours ahead of time.
- 8.Then before baking, beat whites, stiff not dry.
- 9.Fold in 1/4 of whites then fold in the rest.
- 10.Pour into 2 quart souffle dish.
- 11.Bake 10 minutes at 400
- 12.turn down to 375 for 50-55 minutes.
NotesThis is simple delicious. Light and airy. This recipe comes from NYC somewhere. I think I got it out of Bon Appitit VERY very long ago. I just love this stuff. YOu can serve it as a main meal or Brunch along with salad or tomato salad in summer when they are fresh
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More