- Cooking Time: 60 plus minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- •1 cup canned or fresh corn (chopped slightly)
- •2 3/4 cup milk
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •1 cup yellow cornmeal
- •1/2 cup sweet butter cut into 1" pieces
- •3 eggs, room temp, separated
- •2 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- •1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- 1.In medium saucepan boil corn in 2 cups of milk, salt.
- 2.Slowly add cornmeal.
- 3.Stir until very thick, remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- 4.Add rest of the 3/4 milk.
- 5.Blend in yolks, one at a time.
- 6.Add sugar.
- 7.This part can be made up to 6 hours ahead of time.
- 8.Then before baking, beat whites, stiff not dry.
- 9.Fold in 1/4 of whites then fold in the rest.
- 10.Pour into 2 quart souffle dish.
- 11.Bake 10 minutes at 400
- 12.turn down to 375 for 50-55 minutes.
NotesThis is simple delicious. Light and airy. This recipe comes from NYC somewhere. I think I got it out of Bon Appitit VERY very long ago. I just love this stuff. YOu can serve it as a main meal or Brunch along with salad or tomato salad in summer when they are fresh
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More