CUSTARD CORN SOUFFLE
Custard Corn Souffle
- Cooking Time: 60 plus minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- •1 cup canned or fresh corn (chopped slightly)
- •2 3/4 cup milk
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •1 cup yellow cornmeal
- •1/2 cup sweet butter cut into 1" pieces
- •3 eggs, room temp, separated
- •2 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- •1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
1.In medium saucepan boil corn in 2 cups of milk, salt.
2.Slowly add cornmeal.
3.Stir until very thick, remove from heat and stir in the butter.
4.Add rest of the 3/4 milk.
5.Blend in yolks, one at a time.
7.This part can be made up to 6 hours ahead of time.
8.Then before baking, beat whites, stiff not dry.
9.Fold in 1/4 of whites then fold in the rest.
10.Pour into 2 quart souffle dish.
11.Bake 10 minutes at 400
12.turn down to 375 for 50-55 minutes.