- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- ½ block parafin wax
- Blend butter and peanut butter until well mixed. Add sugar. Mixture may be lumpy. If so, add 1 tsp of water at a time up to 3 tsp, mixing well after each addition. Mixture should resemble play-doh.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, place on wax paper covered cookie sheet and chill for at least an hour so butter has time to set.
- Meanwhile, in a mini crock pot, double boiler or microwave safe dish melt chocolate chips and parafin wax. I prefer the crockpot as it keeps the chocolate at a steady temp and there is no chance of water getting in to the melted chocolate. If you use the crockpot allow enough time for the chocolate to melt before trying to dip candy.
- Dip candy pieces about half way down in to the chocolate. Place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until set. Makes about 40 pieces of candy.
- TIP: grate the parafin was for faster & easier melting.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend over 25 years ago and have made it my own... family and friends request this one often, especially during the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Social Cookbook
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More