- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pastry for a 2 crust pie
- 7 to 8 medium tart apples **
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Peel, core and slice apples. Combine flour, cinnamon and salt and mix with apples. Add lemon and walnuts and mix again. Set aside while you work on the crust, mixing occasionally.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan and line with a crust. Pam works as well or better than grease. Add apple mixture and dot with butter. Place remaining crust on top, roll edges and crimp with a fork. Sprinkle top with sugar and slit top all over to allow the steam to escape. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until nicely browned and you can see the juice boiling through the slits. Cool down before cutting.
- ** The selection of apples has a large effect on the taste of this pie. Do not use Delicious apples and preferably use two kinds of apples. I usually use Granny Smith and McIntosh varieties
NotesMy Grandmoyher Clouse once made this pie for the forth of July. Everybody that got a peice ate only one bite. They did not tell anyone what was wrong with it. So the next perso would get a peice & again only one bite. She had use salt instead of sugar!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More