DIVA DIVINE BROWNIES
- 1 12 oz pkg (2 cups) good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashew nuts or walnuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease-line-grease again 9 x 13 pan; set aside.
Transfer semi-sweet chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and add vanilla.
In a saucepan, bring to just boil: butter, sugar and water.
Pour over semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time.
Stir in flour (reserve about 2 tablespoons to dredge cashew nuts and white chocolate chips) and baking soda.
Fold in dredged white chocolate chips and cashew nuts.
Spread into prepared pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies are slightly firm to touch.
Transfer to rack and cool completely in pan. Spread sugar glaze and pack with coarsely chopped nuts.
Cut into squares.
About 24 good size brownies. Just absolutely divine!