- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryDon't worry about cracks in baked brownies; brush top with sugar syrup or warm thinned Karo light syrup and pack coarsely chopped cashew nuts on top
- 1 12 oz pkg (2 cups) good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashew nuts or walnuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease-line-grease again 9 x 13 pan; set aside.
- Transfer semi-sweet chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and add vanilla.
- In a saucepan, bring to just boil: butter, sugar and water.
- Pour over semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour (reserve about 2 tablespoons to dredge cashew nuts and white chocolate chips) and baking soda.
- Fold in dredged white chocolate chips and cashew nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies are slightly firm to touch.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely in pan. Spread sugar glaze and pack with coarsely chopped nuts.
- Cut into squares.
- About 24 good size brownies. Just absolutely divine!