- Cooking Time: 6 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 500g pack lean minced beef
- 350g jar tomato and chilli sauce (we like Loyd Grossman's)
- 8 large soft flour tortillas or Mediterranean wraps
- 400g can red kidney beans
- 142ml carton soured cream
- 100g bag herb salad
- Cook the meat. Dry fry the beef in a non-stick pan until it has changed colour all over, spooning in a little of the sauce if the meat starts to stick to the pan. Pour in the rest of the sauce, then fill the jar about one-third full with water and rinse it out into the pan. Bring to the boil, then let it bubble away for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Do the tortillas. Heat the tortillas in the microwave according to the packet instructions (or dry fry them singly in a frying pan for 1 minute on each side). At the same time, drain and rinse the beans and tip them into the meat. Stir well and heat through for about 5 minutes until the beans are hot and the meat sauce is thick (if it's too runny it will ooze out of the wraps when you eat them).
- Serve up. Pile the tortillas on a plate and let everyone make their own wraps. The best way to do this is to spread the tortilla with some soured cream, then spoon the meat and some salad in the centre. Now fold up the side of the tortilla nearest to you, and fold in the sides to enclose the filling.
NotesJust 6 ingredients - and teenagers will love them