- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 or 5 medium apples
- Wooden sticks
- 2 (14 ounce) packages caramels (96 pieces), divided
- Microwave 1 package of the caramels and 2 tablespoons of the water in a small deep microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every minute. If caramel sauce is too thin, let stand about 2 minutes before dipping apples.
- Dip apples into hot caramel sauce; turn until coated. Scrape excess sauce from bottom of apples. Place on greased wax paper. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Second Caramel Layer
- After refrigerating, repeat microwave and dipping directions with remaining the remaining package of caramels and 2 tablespoons water.
- See decorating ideas below for warm caramel apples. Otherwise, refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. See decorating ideas below for chilled caramel apples.
- Store decorated apples in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving to allow caramel to soften. Makes 4 to 5 medium apples or 2 large (3/4 to 1 pound each).
- Decorating ideas for warm caramel apples
- Roll in chopped pecans or nuts of your choice; drizzle with melted apples.
- Decorate with non-pareil covered semi sweet chocolate chips; drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Roll in graham cracker pieces and miniature marshmallows; drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Roll in macadamia nuts or premium mixed nuts; drizzle with melted white and semi-sweet chocolate.
- Decorating ideas for chilled caramel apples
- Dip apple in melted chocolate, several times, waiting for chocolate to harden a little between each dip. Use white or semi-sweet chocolate or marbleize.
- Dip bottom of apple in melted chocolate; decorate with toasted coconut and slice almonds.
- Decorate with melted white or semi-sweet chocolate and sprinkles.
- Any of these apples can be decorated with anything you choose, such as raisins, chopped malted milk balls, peanut butter chips, chopped potato chips or pretzels
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More