- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine (one stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans and set aside.
- Stir together: Flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until fine crumbs are formed, OR use a large food processor. Set aside 1/3 cup of crumbs.
- Beat 2 eggs in small bowl. Make well in center of dry ingredients and add eggs, 1 Tablespoon almond extract, and 1 cup milk. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- VARIATION 1: Add toasted almonds to the batter and/or the topping.
- VARIATION 2: Bake in a Bundt pan instead of two loaf pans.
NotesWatch out! This bread is bursting with almond flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More