- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 sticks Imperial margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- sliced almonds, optional
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Mix margarine and sugar together, until light.
- Add egg and extract.
- Add flour. Mixture will be quite thick.
- Press into the greased cake pan.
- Beat an egg, and brush on top. (Don't use too much.)
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Do not overbake or underbake.
- Immediately, sprinkle with sugar (and sliced almonds, if using).
NotesThis is our family favorite and travels well. I get requests to send it to people on their birthdays, and even my son in the Marines Kuwait, then Iraq, and back to Kuwait. You can get the metal pan at Walmart---last time I purchased it was a $1.49. Mix, Bake, Cool, and Mail! (The pan protects the cake.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More