- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 sticks Imperial margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- sliced almonds, optional
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Mix margarine and sugar together, until light.
- Add egg and extract.
- Add flour. Mixture will be quite thick.
- Press into the greased cake pan.
- Beat an egg, and brush on top. (Don't use too much.)
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Do not overbake or underbake.
- Immediately, sprinkle with sugar (and sliced almonds, if using).
NotesThis is our family favorite and travels well. I get requests to send it to people on their birthdays, and even my son in the Marines Kuwait, then Iraq, and back to Kuwait. You can get the metal pan at Walmart---last time I purchased it was a $1.49. Mix, Bake, Cool, and Mail! (The pan protects the cake.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More