- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 sticks Imperial margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- sliced almonds, optional
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Mix margarine and sugar together, until light.
- Add egg and extract.
- Add flour. Mixture will be quite thick.
- Press into the greased cake pan.
- Beat an egg, and brush on top. (Don't use too much.)
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Do not overbake or underbake.
- Immediately, sprinkle with sugar (and sliced almonds, if using).
NotesThis is our family favorite and travels well. I get requests to send it to people on their birthdays, and even my son in the Marines Kuwait, then Iraq, and back to Kuwait. You can get the metal pan at Walmart---last time I purchased it was a $1.49. Mix, Bake, Cool, and Mail! (The pan protects the cake.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Food Travels Through Italy
Short & SweetSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More