- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 - seven inch waffles
- Preparation Time:
- 3 or 4 Tablespoons pecans, toasted
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir together pecans, flour, and salt. Separate eggs. Whisk eggs, cream and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture. Whip egg whites. Gently fold into waffle batter.
- Preheat wafflemaker and bake according to manufacturer's directions.
- VARIATION: Omit the pecans and vanilla and add 3 or 4 Tablespoons of chopped bacon or ham.
NotesThis recipe was sitting unused in my recipe box for years, because we did not have a waffle iron. Now, it is a family favorite. These waffles are fantastic: light, crispy, and tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More