- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (3 lb 6 oz) Van Camp's Pork and Beans
- 1/2 jar Grandma's Molasses
- 1/2 lb dark brown sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain beans well in a colander and pour into a casserole dish. Stir in molasses, brown sugar, and onions, mixing well. Lay bacon strips separately across the top of the beans. Cook for 35-45 minutes, until the bacon has browned and started to crisp.
- Enjoy hot or room temperature - or for breakfast the next day, as my sister does.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesThese rich and flavorful beans are a family favorite - we've never had a family gathering, picnic, barbecue, or holiday without them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More