- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (3 lb 6 oz) Van Camp's Pork and Beans
- 1/2 jar Grandma's Molasses
- 1/2 lb dark brown sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain beans well in a colander and pour into a casserole dish. Stir in molasses, brown sugar, and onions, mixing well. Lay bacon strips separately across the top of the beans. Cook for 35-45 minutes, until the bacon has browned and started to crisp.
- Enjoy hot or room temperature - or for breakfast the next day, as my sister does.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesThese rich and flavorful beans are a family favorite - we've never had a family gathering, picnic, barbecue, or holiday without them!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
A Falcon Feast
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More