- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (3 lb 6 oz) Van Camp's Pork and Beans
- 1/2 jar Grandma's Molasses
- 1/2 lb dark brown sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain beans well in a colander and pour into a casserole dish. Stir in molasses, brown sugar, and onions, mixing well. Lay bacon strips separately across the top of the beans. Cook for 35-45 minutes, until the bacon has browned and started to crisp.
- Enjoy hot or room temperature - or for breakfast the next day, as my sister does.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesThese rich and flavorful beans are a family favorite - we've never had a family gathering, picnic, barbecue, or holiday without them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More