- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. sugar
- dash of salt
- 2 chocolate bake pouches
- 3 egg yolks
- *approx. 1 1/2 large heaping Tb. corn starch for pie filling. Use less for pudding.
- Bring sugar, milk and chocolate to almost boiling.
- In gravy shaker blend egg yolks, some of the milk & corn starch.
- Slowly pour into hot milk, (will thicken pretty fast).
- Add 2 Tb. butter and some vanilla.
- Pour into bowl and cover with wax paper or saran to prevent skin from forming.
- My dad also uses this for Banana Cream Pie, he just leaves out the chocolate!
- You can also make it into cocconut cream pie.
- Be creative!!
- This is definitely a chocolate lover's dream chocolate pudding!!!
NotesThis is the BEST Chocolate Pudding recipe I think I've ever had. It's my dad's recipe!!! This definitely puts that instant stuff to shame!! Make it just a bit thicker by adding a bit more corn starch for a scrumptious Chocolate Cream Pie!! Mmmmmmmmm!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More