- Cooking Time: 4 to 8 hours
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 20 Min
- 3 to 4 lbs of pork roast cut into one inch pieces
- Enough Flour to coat meat
- 2 Tblsp of canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Tblsp cumin
- 2 Tblsp Oregano
- 2 Tblsp Minced Garlic
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 cans of Rotel Tomatoes ( I use one can original and one HOT)
- Green Chilies peeled and cleaned of seeds
- Cut Pork into 1 inch cubes, place in ziploc bag, and cover in flour enough to coat all the meat and leave a little excess flour
- Shake well
- Add oil to deep skillet and pour all contents of ziploc into skillet
- Brown pork adding salt and pepper to taste
- When pork is almost browned, add the Garlic, Cumin, Oregano, and Onion to the meat and continue to brown off and meld flavors
- When meet is browned move to large crock-pot
- Add the meat to the crock-pot along with the two cans of Rotel tomatoes and your amount of green chilies
- Add a half of one of the Rotel tomatoes cans full of water into crock-pot
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or until pork is fork tender or High for 4 hours or until pork is fork tender.
NotesMy dad was a Navy cook for 23 years, upon retirement he came home to the Phoenix area where he was a second generation native resident and began to cook his local favorite dishes for the Phoenix Police department. As time went on and as technology changed he adapted his basic techniques to include slow cookers and adapted recipes to fit that cooking style, one of his favorite local flavors was pork green chili, this is his recipe it brings back great memories of my dad who passed three years ago it is a holiday and hunting camp staple for my family and I.
Submitted by: "Gene Warner"