- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 grated 1.5-ounce candy bar of milk chocolate, (Hershey bar)
- About 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton of white frosting
- 1 carton of chocolate frosting
- Mix cake mix according to instructions on box, set aside.
- Grease and flour 2 – 9” round cake pans, and line with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Put about ½ cup of nuts on bottom of each pan.
- Pour ¼ batter from cake mix into each pan and layer with grated chocolate and then put the rest of batter evenly into each cake pan.
- Bake and cool according to cake mix.
- When ready to frost, take one cake and put onto cake plate, nuts side up.
- Frost this cake top only with some chocolate frosting.
- Put next layer on top.
- Make a 6” circle from the parchment paper and put on center of second layer, on top of cake.
- Now frost with chocolate frosting, around the top of the cake, not touching the sides of cake or the parchment paper.
- Frost sides of cake with white frosting.
- Take off parchment from top of cake, so that the nuts show through.
- Can make a parchment bag for white frosting and pipe a circle where the nuts are on top of cake.
NotesMy mother got this recipe from the 1950's and she made her version from scratch, then I made by version with mixes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More