- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy brother formulated this recipe back in the 1970’s and his kids who are grown men still call them Daddy’s Burritos to this day.
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 1 onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can jalapeño pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can regular pinto beans, undrained
- ½ jar LaVictoria “Salsa Ranchera“ or LaVictoria “Salsa Victoria” (Hot)
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 8 oz. Block Longhorn cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pkg. lg. flour tortillas
- In a large saucepan cook hamburger then drain. Put meat back into pan and add onion, both cans of pintos, ½ jar salsa and the corn. Cook about 15-20 minutes to cook the onion, meld the flavors and heat through. Grate the cheese. Warm the tortillas either on a lg. dry griddle or in the microwave. Place a good scoop of bean mixture in the middle of the tortilla and top with cheese then roll up. You can regulate the heat level by adding either less salsa or a less hot type of salsa, but I can’t promise the taste will be the same.
- **For myself, I fry two (medium size) tortillas (crisp) and drain on paper towels. I put one tortilla on the plate, top with meat mixture then cheese and top with the other tortilla and cut into wedges. This is my version of a Mexican Pizza. Yummy!!!
Squash Recipes: Cookbook Club
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
All American Sloppy Joes
Crab With Ginger And Scallions
BLT SandwichSee More