- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 1 onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can jalapeño pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can regular pinto beans, undrained
- ½ jar LaVictoria “Salsa Ranchera“ or LaVictoria “Salsa Victoria” (Hot)
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 8 oz. Block Longhorn cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pkg. lg. flour tortillas
- In a large saucepan cook hamburger then drain. Put meat back into pan and add onion, both cans of pintos, ½ jar salsa and the corn. Cook about 15-20 minutes to cook the onion, meld the flavors and heat through. Grate the cheese. Warm the tortillas either on a lg. dry griddle or in the microwave. Place a good scoop of bean mixture in the middle of the tortilla and top with cheese then roll up. You can regulate the heat level by adding either less salsa or a less hot type of salsa, but I can’t promise the taste will be the same.
- **For myself, I fry two (medium size) tortillas (crisp) and drain on paper towels. I put one tortilla on the plate, top with meat mixture then cheese and top with the other tortilla and cut into wedges. This is my version of a Mexican Pizza. Yummy!!!
NotesMy brother formulated this recipe back in the 1970’s and his kids who are grown men still call them Daddy’s Burritos to this day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More