DALCA (CURRIED MIXED VEGETABLES)
- 1 tbsp yellow lentils, boiled
- 100 g stewing beef, sliced thinly
- 1/2 stick carrot, cut into 3 cm strips
- 3-5 long green beans, cut into 3 cm lenth
- 1/2 potato, cubed
- 4 cloves red shallots or 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 cm ginger, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 150-200 ml coconut milk
- 50-100 ml water
- A pinch of tamarind pulp (use 2 tbsp tamarind juice as an alternative)
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 cinammon stick
- 1 cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- Salt to taste
In a pot, heat the oil and fry the shallots, garlic and ginger with the spices until soft.
Dissolve the tamarind in a little water and discard the pulp.
Pour in the coconut milk, water and tamarind water.
Add the beef, potato, carrot, long beans, lentil and curry powder and stir. Let boil.
Reduce heat, cover the pot and let it simmer until the potato softens.
Add salt to taste.