- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 80‒100 (8‒10)
- Preparation Time: 180 (for large yield)
- 75 (8 small apples) small apples
- 50 cups (5 cups) fresh cabbage, chopped
- 4 lbs (1¼ cups) raisins
- 6 cups (⅔ of a cup) carrots, shredded
- 1 cup (5 tsp) lemon juice
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Core, then slice up apples.
- Add to shredded cabbage, raisins and shredded carrots.
- Toss in lemon juice.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
NotesThe original ingredient amounts yield a "cooking for a crowd" serving number of 80–100. Using the ingredient amounts in the parentheses, yields a more "family cooking" friendly amount of 8‒10 servings.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More