- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4 Cups
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 2 Anaheim Chili's
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 Sweet Orange Pepper
- 3 Scallions (Finely Chopped)
- 8oz. Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 6oz. Parmesan Cheese (Freshly Grated)
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- .5 Cup Butter (Real Butter)
- 2 TBSP Garlic Powder
- Dried Chives
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste
- On grill, fully blacken Poblano, Anaheim, Red and Orange Peppers.
- When blackened on all sides, remove from grill and place in large zipolck bag to sweat and cool.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, whisking till smooth.
- Add milk, constantly whisking to smooth out lumps, then add cream slowly following same procedure.
- Stir in parmesean cheese and black pepper. Allow to cool.
- Remove sweated peppers from bag. Remove skins, ribs and seeds. Finely dice all peppers and separate into two groups. 1 Poblano, Red and Orange and then 1 Poblano.
- Place 1 Poblano and scallions in blender. Blend till smooth.
- Return blended sauce to saucepan, add in remaining poblano, red and orange peppers.
- Return sauce to just below simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes till all flavors are blended.
- Garnish with dried chives to taste.
NotesI always liked the Progresso brand Raosted Poblano Alfredo sauce, but it always tastes like it came out of a jar. One day I decided to prefect a restaurant quality version of the sauce and this is the result. Silky smooth, cheesy, peppery sauce with a kick that pairs well with penne.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More