- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4 Cups
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 2 Anaheim Chili's
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 Sweet Orange Pepper
- 3 Scallions (Finely Chopped)
- 8oz. Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 6oz. Parmesan Cheese (Freshly Grated)
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- .5 Cup Butter (Real Butter)
- 2 TBSP Garlic Powder
- Dried Chives
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste
- On grill, fully blacken Poblano, Anaheim, Red and Orange Peppers.
- When blackened on all sides, remove from grill and place in large zipolck bag to sweat and cool.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, whisking till smooth.
- Add milk, constantly whisking to smooth out lumps, then add cream slowly following same procedure.
- Stir in parmesean cheese and black pepper. Allow to cool.
- Remove sweated peppers from bag. Remove skins, ribs and seeds. Finely dice all peppers and separate into two groups. 1 Poblano, Red and Orange and then 1 Poblano.
- Place 1 Poblano and scallions in blender. Blend till smooth.
- Return blended sauce to saucepan, add in remaining poblano, red and orange peppers.
- Return sauce to just below simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes till all flavors are blended.
- Garnish with dried chives to taste.
NotesI always liked the Progresso brand Raosted Poblano Alfredo sauce, but it always tastes like it came out of a jar. One day I decided to prefect a restaurant quality version of the sauce and this is the result. Silky smooth, cheesy, peppery sauce with a kick that pairs well with penne.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More