- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe comes from my cousin and his wife in Ann Arbor. I cut down the amount of oil in the original recipe. Recipe calls for 1 1b chicken breast, to feed 4. However, most chicken breasts have gone all Pam Anderson..hard to find 4/1lb. I usually just pound out the 3/package so they will cook evenly, cut into 6 or more pieces.
I usually serve this over couscous that has been cooked in chicken broth and then mixed with fresh herbs from the garden. Steamed brocolli with a sesame/soy/balsamic glaze is a good side.
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 1/3 C Flour
- 1 1b chicken breasts
- 1 large white onion thinly sliced
- 1 C Chicken broth
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Mix Flour, 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper on plate. Dredge chicken breasts/pieces through flour mixture coating both sides.
- Brown chicken in pan about 4 minutes each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add onion to pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add broth, balsamic vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Boil 7 minutes until sauce is reduced and slightly syrupy.
- Serve onion sauce over chicken...over couscous, rice or orzo.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Cream Cheese CookiesSee More