- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are the yummiest yummiest cookies ever! I always made my mom make them for me because I figuered anything that tastes that good has to be difficult but I recently made them myself to bring to a party and they were SO simple to make as well as the hit of the party!!
You can substitute Anise extract for the Almond extract, either way is SO good.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 lb.(1 cup) melted margarine or butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 of a 1 oz. Almond extract bottle
- Mix at low speed for 1/2 min.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a mixer and mix on medium speed.
- Mix remaining ingredients at low speed for 1/2 min.
- Pour into a foil lined 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 min or more, until top is light brown.
- Let cool and then cut into bars.
- Wrap tightly after cutting since they tend to dry out quickly.
- They are even better frozen!!