- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 lb.(1 cup) melted margarine or butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 of a 1 oz. Almond extract bottle
- Mix at low speed for 1/2 min.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a mixer and mix on medium speed.
- Mix remaining ingredients at low speed for 1/2 min.
- Pour into a foil lined 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 min or more, until top is light brown.
- Let cool and then cut into bars.
- Wrap tightly after cutting since they tend to dry out quickly.
- They are even better frozen!!
NotesThese are the yummiest yummiest cookies ever! I always made my mom make them for me because I figuered anything that tastes that good has to be difficult but I recently made them myself to bring to a party and they were SO simple to make as well as the hit of the party!!
You can substitute Anise extract for the Almond extract, either way is SO good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More