- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- Heat oven 375°F degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add beaten egg.
- Mix together flour & salt.
- Using a wooden spoon stir flour into the creamed butter mixture.
- Work in the nuts until evenly distributed.
- Divide dough into 4 parts and roll each part into a sausage about 2-inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate until firm.
- Slice the dough into 1/4" slices and place 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (bake in center of the oven) Do not let the cookies brown too much they should be the color of shortbread--pale golden.
- Store in tins in the fridge or freezer.
NotesExcellent Christmas recipe
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More