- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- Heat oven 375°F degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add beaten egg.
- Mix together flour & salt.
- Using a wooden spoon stir flour into the creamed butter mixture.
- Work in the nuts until evenly distributed.
- Divide dough into 4 parts and roll each part into a sausage about 2-inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate until firm.
- Slice the dough into 1/4" slices and place 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (bake in center of the oven) Do not let the cookies brown too much they should be the color of shortbread--pale golden.
- Store in tins in the fridge or freezer.
NotesExcellent Christmas recipe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Recipes for Vitality
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More