- Cooking Time: 140
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI store most of our treats in the freezer or refrigerator. I'm not sure on the actual shelf life as Cleopatre goes through them fairly fast. They last awhile in the freezer though!
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/2 cup all natural apple sauce, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients until mix until combined. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough to about 1/2" thickness. Using a fun cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes as you can and reroll the dough. Continue to cut and reroll until all the dough is used up.
- Place dough on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn off oven and let cookies sit in oven for about 2 hours to harden
- PREP TIME 20 Min
- COOK TIME 2 Hours & 20 Min
- SERVINGS Depend on the size of your cutters - we got about 3 dozen.