- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup pearl rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cherry Topping
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherries in juice (can be sweetened)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- For the rice: Bring milk to a boil (watch carefully so it doesn't boil over) in a medium sized saucepan over med. high heat. Add salt and rice, stir, then cover and reduce to low heat.
- Cook rice for about 50 minutes (must cook completely). Be careful it doesn't burn. Cool in refrigerator, slightly covered with plastic wrap.
- While rice is cooling, combine whipping cream, vanilla and sugar in mixer. Whip on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form. Combine cooled rice with cream, cover, and refrigerate.
- For the cherry sauce: Bring cherries to a boil over med. high heat. Combine water and cornstarch, then add to the boiling cherries. Cook together for one minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, top rice with cherries and toasted almonds. Can be done in individual dishes or in one large bowl
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More