- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup pearl rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cherry Topping
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherries in juice (can be sweetened)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- For the rice: Bring milk to a boil (watch carefully so it doesn't boil over) in a medium sized saucepan over med. high heat. Add salt and rice, stir, then cover and reduce to low heat.
- Cook rice for about 50 minutes (must cook completely). Be careful it doesn't burn. Cool in refrigerator, slightly covered with plastic wrap.
- While rice is cooling, combine whipping cream, vanilla and sugar in mixer. Whip on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form. Combine cooled rice with cream, cover, and refrigerate.
- For the cherry sauce: Bring cherries to a boil over med. high heat. Combine water and cornstarch, then add to the boiling cherries. Cook together for one minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, top rice with cherries and toasted almonds. Can be done in individual dishes or in one large bowl
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More