- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Covers 24+ Cupcakes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2/3 c Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 ounce Absinthe
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in cocoa and move to electric mixer.
- Mix in Absinthe.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to desired consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk (or absinthe, if you feel like it needs more), if needed.
NotesI wanted to make simple cupcakes with tasty frosting to fit a 'Heroes Vs Villains' birthday party a friend was having, so I made Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Absinthe Frosting and While Chocolate Cupcakes with Honey Frosting!
I would recommend using your favorite absinthe (I used homemade), or you can substitute the absinthe with a teaspoon or two of anise extract.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More