- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Covers 24+ Cupcakes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2/3 c Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 ounce Absinthe
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in cocoa and move to electric mixer.
- Mix in Absinthe.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to desired consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk (or absinthe, if you feel like it needs more), if needed.
NotesI wanted to make simple cupcakes with tasty frosting to fit a 'Heroes Vs Villains' birthday party a friend was having, so I made Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Absinthe Frosting and While Chocolate Cupcakes with Honey Frosting!
I would recommend using your favorite absinthe (I used homemade), or you can substitute the absinthe with a teaspoon or two of anise extract.
Lau Family Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More