- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Covers 24+ Cupcakes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2/3 c Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 ounce Absinthe
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in cocoa and move to electric mixer.
- Mix in Absinthe.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to desired consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk (or absinthe, if you feel like it needs more), if needed.
NotesI wanted to make simple cupcakes with tasty frosting to fit a 'Heroes Vs Villains' birthday party a friend was having, so I made Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Absinthe Frosting and While Chocolate Cupcakes with Honey Frosting!
I would recommend using your favorite absinthe (I used homemade), or you can substitute the absinthe with a teaspoon or two of anise extract.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More