- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3.8 ounce) package devil's food instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 (3 ounce) dark chocolate bars, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan, and dust with cocoa, set aside.
- 2. Combine cake mix, sugar, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add oil mixture to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes. Coarsely chop 3 chocolate bars, fold brandied cherries and chopped chocolate into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- 5. Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a small bowl; set aside.
- 6. Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and immediately pour over chocolate and butter. Whisk gently until smooth. Cool glaze 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drizzle glaze over cake. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate bar; sprinkle chopped chocolate over cake. Yield 12 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More