- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3.8 ounce) package devil's food instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 (3 ounce) dark chocolate bars, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan, and dust with cocoa, set aside.
- 2. Combine cake mix, sugar, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add oil mixture to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes. Coarsely chop 3 chocolate bars, fold brandied cherries and chopped chocolate into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- 5. Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a small bowl; set aside.
- 6. Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and immediately pour over chocolate and butter. Whisk gently until smooth. Cool glaze 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drizzle glaze over cake. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate bar; sprinkle chopped chocolate over cake. Yield 12 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More