Dark Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
1/2 cup sugar
1 (3.8 ounce) package devil's food instant pudding mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5 (3 ounce) dark chocolate bars, divided
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup whipping cream
1. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan, and dust with cocoa, set aside.
2. Combine cake mix, sugar, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl.
3. Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add oil mixture to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes. Coarsely chop 3 chocolate bars, fold brandied cherries and chopped chocolate into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
5. Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a small bowl; set aside.
6. Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and immediately pour over chocolate and butter. Whisk gently until smooth. Cool glaze 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drizzle glaze over cake. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate bar; sprinkle chopped chocolate over cake. Yield 12 servings