- Cooking Time: 15-20 min
- Servings: 20-24 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
- paper cupcake pan liners
- FROSTING (makes 4 cups)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups marshmallow cream,
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 table spoons confectioners sugar
- small pakage raspberrys (opt)
- heat oven to 325F
- Combine all dry ingredients, flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder & soda, together in a large bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients, eggs, sour cream, oil, vanilla, and hot water.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon into cupcake pans.
- Bake for 15-20min check with toothpick if it comes out clean they're done!
- let totally cool on baking rack before frosting.
- For frosting, using a mixer set on med-high speed, beat butter and chocolate until fluffy. (Chocolate should be melted but slightly cooled)
- Reduce speed to med, add marshmallow cream, vanilla, sugar.
- Increase speed back to med-high, scrape down sides of bowl occasionally until smooth and fluffy.
- Chill for 20 min before using.
- top frosted cupcakes with one raspberry (opt)
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Cooking with SabraSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More