- Cooking Time: 15-20 min
- Servings: 20-24 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
- paper cupcake pan liners
- FROSTING (makes 4 cups)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups marshmallow cream,
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 table spoons confectioners sugar
- small pakage raspberrys (opt)
- heat oven to 325F
- Combine all dry ingredients, flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder & soda, together in a large bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients, eggs, sour cream, oil, vanilla, and hot water.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon into cupcake pans.
- Bake for 15-20min check with toothpick if it comes out clean they're done!
- let totally cool on baking rack before frosting.
- For frosting, using a mixer set on med-high speed, beat butter and chocolate until fluffy. (Chocolate should be melted but slightly cooled)
- Reduce speed to med, add marshmallow cream, vanilla, sugar.
- Increase speed back to med-high, scrape down sides of bowl occasionally until smooth and fluffy.
- Chill for 20 min before using.
- top frosted cupcakes with one raspberry (opt)
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More