- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour 2-12 cup muffin pans. (I don't recommend liners for these cupcakes)
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, canola oil, eggs and vanilla for 4 minutes.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with boiling water to the sugar mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared cupcake pans. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until cupcakes springs back to the touch. Let cool completely before frosting with your favorite chocolate frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
The Naked Macaron
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More