- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour 2-12 cup muffin pans. (I don't recommend liners for these cupcakes)
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, canola oil, eggs and vanilla for 4 minutes.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with boiling water to the sugar mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared cupcake pans. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until cupcakes springs back to the touch. Let cool completely before frosting with your favorite chocolate frosting.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More