- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 10 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes on baking sheet. Mash sugar and lime peel in small bowl. Place chopped chocolate in medium bowl set over saucepan of simmering water; stir until melted. Remove from over water; whisk in egg yolks, salt, and 2 tablespoons lime sugar (mixture will become thick). Beat egg whites in large bowl to soft peaks; add 2 tablespoons lime sugar and beat until stiff but not dry. Whisk 1/3 of whites into chocolate mixture to lighten; fold in remaining whites in 2 additions. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into dishes, dividing equally. Bake until softly set and puffed, about 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip cream, fresh lime juice, and 4 tablespoons lime sugar to peaks in medium bowl.
- Top soufflés with whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle with additional lime sugar.
NotesTart, refreshing lime balances the richness of the chocolate.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 593 calories, 43.6 g fat (23.1 g saturated fat), 231.0 mg cholesterol, 56.9 g carbs, 4.4 g dietary fiber, 47.4 g total sugars, 52.5 g net carbs, 10.1 g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Italian ExchangeSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More