- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 extra large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper, about two teaspoons per cookie. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until just light golden brown. Allow to cool a few minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate and shortening using double boiler method, stirring frequently, until smooth and creamy. Carefully dip half of each macaroon in chocolate and place on parchment paper until chocolate is cool and firm. Serve immediately or store in airtight container.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More