- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 1/4 ounces bittersweet chocolate￼, coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces cold heavy cream
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-ounce sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish, optional
- Shaved bittersweet chocolate, for garnish, optional
- Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a bain marie or in a double boiler at a low simmer. Stir chocolate until melted. Turn off the heat and let stand.
- Beat the cream over ice until it forms soft peaks. Set aside and hold at room temperature. With a mixer, whip egg to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Remove the chocolate from the bain marie and using a whisk, fold in the egg whites all at once. When the whites are almost completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Cover the mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set. Serve in goblets topped with more whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More