- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 C Dark Rum
- 1 pkg. (18.5 oz) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding
- 3/4 C water
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg. (12 oz) semisweet chocolate
- 1 C raspberry preserves
- 2 Tbs. shorting
- 1 oz white chocolate
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 C rum, water, and oil in large mixing bowl. Using electric mixer, beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 min. Stir in 1 C of chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared greased 12-cup bunt pan or 10 in tube pan. Bake 50-60 min until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 min. Remove cake out of pan and cool on rack.
- In small sauce pan heat raspberry preserves and remaining 1/2 C rum. Strain through sieve to remove sees. Prick surface of cake with fork. Brush raspberry glaze evenly over cake allowing cake to absorb glaze. Repeat until all glaze has been absorbed.
- In bowl, combine remaining 1 C chocolate pieces and shortening Microwave on high 1 min or until melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon chocolate icing over cake. Let stand 10 min.
- Combine white chocolate and 1 tsp. water. Microwave 30 sec. or until melted. Drizzle on top of chocolate icing.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More