- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 C Dark Rum
- 1 pkg. (18.5 oz) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding
- 3/4 C water
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg. (12 oz) semisweet chocolate
- 1 C raspberry preserves
- 2 Tbs. shorting
- 1 oz white chocolate
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 C rum, water, and oil in large mixing bowl. Using electric mixer, beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 min. Stir in 1 C of chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared greased 12-cup bunt pan or 10 in tube pan. Bake 50-60 min until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 min. Remove cake out of pan and cool on rack.
- In small sauce pan heat raspberry preserves and remaining 1/2 C rum. Strain through sieve to remove sees. Prick surface of cake with fork. Brush raspberry glaze evenly over cake allowing cake to absorb glaze. Repeat until all glaze has been absorbed.
- In bowl, combine remaining 1 C chocolate pieces and shortening Microwave on high 1 min or until melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon chocolate icing over cake. Let stand 10 min.
- Combine white chocolate and 1 tsp. water. Microwave 30 sec. or until melted. Drizzle on top of chocolate icing.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Simple Homemade Favorites
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More