- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (60% Cacao), melted
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1/2 cup good quality white chocolate chips
- 2 oz good quality white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the coconut oil for several minutes or until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Stir the espresso powder into the melted chocolate and add to the sugar mixture. Fold in the flour/cocoa mixture just until completely blended; stir in the white chocolate chips and chopped white chocolate.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons (I use a cookie scoop) onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle each mound of cookie dough with a little sea salt. Chill the dough for a few minutes before baking (so the cookies don't spread too much), then bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
NotesThe theme for this month's blogger Improv is Ebony and Ivory. I just had to go with chocolate....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More