- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (60% Cacao), melted
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1/2 cup good quality white chocolate chips
- 2 oz good quality white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the coconut oil for several minutes or until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Stir the espresso powder into the melted chocolate and add to the sugar mixture. Fold in the flour/cocoa mixture just until completely blended; stir in the white chocolate chips and chopped white chocolate.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons (I use a cookie scoop) onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle each mound of cookie dough with a little sea salt. Chill the dough for a few minutes before baking (so the cookies don't spread too much), then bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
NotesThe theme for this month's blogger Improv is Ebony and Ivory. I just had to go with chocolate....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MidLife Road Trip's
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More