- Cooking Time: 9-11 minutes
- Servings: makes apps 2 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 5 min prep 30 min rest
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 365ºF
- 1. Mix molasses, brown sugar, sugar, butter and oil until creamy.
- 2. Add egg and beat until smooth.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients (baking soda, flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg) and mix just until combined
- 4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5. Using approximately one tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie, roll into balls. Roll and coat balls with sugar.
- 6. Place 3 inches apart on a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. (9 for chewy, 11 for a bit firmer cookie)
NotesThis is a recipe I developed, using a good amount of molasses. They are wonderful with fresh lemonade.
This chewy, packed with flavor cookie has some serious molasses flavor. Dark molasses intensifies the taste- they disappear quickly.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
MidLife Road Trip's
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More