- Cooking Time: 9-11 minutes
- Servings: makes apps 2 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 5 min prep 30 min rest
BackstoryThis is a recipe I developed, using a good amount of molasses. They are wonderful with fresh lemonade.
This chewy, packed with flavor cookie has some serious molasses flavor. Dark molasses intensifies the taste- they disappear quickly.
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 365ºF
- 1. Mix molasses, brown sugar, sugar, butter and oil until creamy.
- 2. Add egg and beat until smooth.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients (baking soda, flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg) and mix just until combined
- 4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5. Using approximately one tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie, roll into balls. Roll and coat balls with sugar.
- 6. Place 3 inches apart on a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. (9 for chewy, 11 for a bit firmer cookie)