DARK OR WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
- 1 1/4 cups Graham Wafer crumbs
- (I use the Oreo crumbs for the chocolate and Honey crumbs for the white chocolate)
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 3 packages of Cream Cheese, softened. (I microwave for a few seconds to soften up)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla (another one if you like vanilla)
- 2 tsp almond extract if making white chocolate
- 170 g or there abouts of white chocolate or dark chocolate chips
Combine crumbs and butter and stir until moistened.
Press into 9" springform pan to cover bottom.
Melt chocolate chips with a little milk (suggest you use non-stick pot or microwave)
Let chocolate cool but not harden.
Put everything in food processor with steel blade or stand mixer and beat until smooth (i'll leave that to you but 2-3 minutes should be enough)
If desired add Grand Marnier, couple of tsp and beat for another 15 sec.
Pour into springform pan
Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 - 50 minutes
Center should not be completely solid and should jiggle when moved
Cake will crack either in oven or when cooling and let cool before putting on topping
For white chocolate cake, combine 1 cup sour cream with 1/2 cup of sugar (or a little more if you like it sweet)
Spread on top of cake, sprinkle with almonds
For dark chocolate, melt the remaining chocolate chips with some milk and spread over top of cake
Dark chocolate chips come in a 225 g package so you use the ones left over from above
Cool in fridge over night
Run knife around edge to loosen from pan and remove sides of pan