- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups Graham Wafer crumbs
- (I use the Oreo crumbs for the chocolate and Honey crumbs for the white chocolate)
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 3 packages of Cream Cheese, softened. (I microwave for a few seconds to soften up)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla (another one if you like vanilla)
- 2 tsp almond extract if making white chocolate
- 170 g or there abouts of white chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- Combine crumbs and butter and stir until moistened.
- Press into 9" springform pan to cover bottom.
- Melt chocolate chips with a little milk (suggest you use non-stick pot or microwave)
- Let chocolate cool but not harden.
- Put everything in food processor with steel blade or stand mixer and beat until smooth (i'll leave that to you but 2-3 minutes should be enough)
- If desired add Grand Marnier, couple of tsp and beat for another 15 sec.
- Pour into springform pan
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 - 50 minutes
- Center should not be completely solid and should jiggle when moved
- Cake will crack either in oven or when cooling and let cool before putting on topping
- For white chocolate cake, combine 1 cup sour cream with 1/2 cup of sugar (or a little more if you like it sweet)
- Spread on top of cake, sprinkle with almonds
- For dark chocolate, melt the remaining chocolate chips with some milk and spread over top of cake
- Dark chocolate chips come in a 225 g package so you use the ones left over from above
- Cool in fridge over night
- Run knife around edge to loosen from pan and remove sides of pan
NotesI got this recipe from a co-worker whose father makes the most delicious cheesecakes I've ever tasted - you won't be sorry you tried this :)
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More