- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 48 (10 ounces) pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 48 (2 ounces) whole blanched almonds
- Cut one side of the dates from top to bottom to expose the space that housed the pit.
- Bring the whipping cream to a boil in a small pan. Remove it from the heat. Add the chopped chocolate, and let it sit for 5 minutes. Swish the chocolate into the cream until it is smooth. Let it sit at room temperature until it thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- If you are adept at piping with a paper cone, use one to fill the pit spaces in the dates with chocolate cream, or fill them with a teaspoon. Nestle and almond, flat side down, on top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the dates, but bring them to room temperature before serving before serving to heighten the taste of the chocolate.
- Makes 48.