- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Lamb Shanks
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup dry red wine (Guigals Cote-du-Rhone)
- 2 cans plum tomatoes drained
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Trim fat off Shanks.
- Dredge in flour.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet brown them for about 8 minutes. add wine and reduce heat to simmer. When meat takes on a drunken glow about 10 minutes add tomatoes. cover the dish and cook for about 2 1/2 hours, checking occasionally.
- I like to serve with buttered broad beans, the recipe also suggests egg noodles to balance out the tang.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
The Social Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More