- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 - inch unbaked Pie Crust
- 1 C. Light Corn Syrup
- 1 C. firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/3 C. Butter (melted)
- 1/3 t. Salt
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1 heaping C. Pecan Halves or Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla; mix well. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust; sprinkle with pecans and bake at 350 for 45 - 50 minutes or until center is set. (Toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when pie is done). Cool... If crust or pie appear to be getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining baking time.
- You can top this with a little whipped cream, but even plain, nothing tops this.
NotesDear Abby in the newspaper.
This is mouth watering! If you are a pecan pie lover, you need to try this recipe... Steve caught this recipe in the newspaper a while back.
The original recipe stated that the pie should be baked 45 - 50 minutes in a pre-heated 350-degree gas oven. If an electric oven is used, it may be necessary to add 15 - 20 minutes to the baking time. (Begin testing the pie with a toothpick after 45 minutes).