- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Large tortillas (enough for 1-2 ea.)
- 1 lb. extra firm tofu, frozen & thawed
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Taco sauce
- Olive or other favorite cooking oil
- Break the tofu into chunks that fit your hand. Squeezing excess water out, crumble tofu into medium bowl.
- On med. to med-hi heat, saute tofu till golden brown. When hot through, but not browned, add taco seasoning and about 1/2 c. water, mixing well.
- When tofu is golden brown, add spinach, stirring together well.
- Heat tortillas in large cast iron skillet or griddle with no oil.
- Make your burritos and add taco sauce if desired.
- It's easy to double or triple this recipe. I usually make it with 3 lbs. tofu and 2 or 3 boxes of spinach. This makes plenty for a dinner and plenty for lunches or dinners 1 or 2 more times. It also makes enough to feed 4 adults and 2 children, along with the soup mentioned below, for 1 meal (and possibly 1 or two lunches the next day).
- This works well if the adults heat their own burritos at the stove and make their burritos at the table -- sort of a DIY thing. Kids, of course, will need help or will need theirs done for them.
- These burritos are easyeasy and can be modified to your own tastes. I created them to go with my Southwestern Corn-Potato Soup.
- And for you non-vegheads, don't let the tofu scare you! Almost no one likes just-plain-tofu, but if you freeze and thaw it, you'll be amazed at what it's like. Freezing, thawing and cooking thoroughly are the keys to tofu. Trust me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More