DEBBY'S VANILLA FUDGE
Debby's Vanilla Fudge
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes approximately
- Servings: 2 1/2 lbs
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 2 and 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c margarine (I haven't tried butter. Might be even better!)
- 2/3 c evaporated milk (5 oz can)
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 8 oz almond bark or vanilla flavored candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 t vanilla
1.Line a 9 inch square pan with foil so that foil extends over the sides of the pan. Butter the foil. Set aside.
2.In a large sauce pan combine the sugar, margarine and milk. Over medium heat bring to a boil stirring frequently. Continue to boil and stir for approximately 5 minutes until candy thermometer registers soft ball.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in almond bark until all is melted
4. Stir in marshmallow creme, walnuts and vanilla. Blend until smooth
5. Pour into prepared pan
6. Cool to room temperature and score surface into small squares
7. Refrigerate until firm. Remove fudge from pan by lifting on foil. Remove foil. Cut through scored lines. Store fudge in refrigerator.