- Cooking Time: 5 minutes approximately
- Servings: 2 1/2 lbs
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
BackstoryMy sister Debby gave me some of this fudge years ago and I HAD to have the recipe! Now I make it every Christmas season. It is so good I usually eat half the recipe myself! If you want to take the flavor over the top toast the walnuts first by placing in a glass bowl then zapping in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, zap again, stir and zap again. Too much zapping will burn them so be careful!
- 2 and 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c margarine (I haven't tried butter. Might be even better!)
- 2/3 c evaporated milk (5 oz can)
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 8 oz almond bark or vanilla flavored candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 t vanilla
- 1.Line a 9 inch square pan with foil so that foil extends over the sides of the pan. Butter the foil. Set aside.
- 2.In a large sauce pan combine the sugar, margarine and milk. Over medium heat bring to a boil stirring frequently. Continue to boil and stir for approximately 5 minutes until candy thermometer registers soft ball.
- 3. Remove from heat. Stir in almond bark until all is melted
- 4. Stir in marshmallow creme, walnuts and vanilla. Blend until smooth
- 5. Pour into prepared pan
- 6. Cool to room temperature and score surface into small squares
- 7. Refrigerate until firm. Remove fudge from pan by lifting on foil. Remove foil. Cut through scored lines. Store fudge in refrigerator.