- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6-8 appetizer sizes
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 sushi grade tuna steaks (1 ¼ inch thick) diced small (1/4 inch dice)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 10 leaves fresh mint, finely sliced (chiffonade)
- 6 leaves fresh basil, finely sliced (chiffonade)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil (optional)
- flat bread crackers, broken into bite sized pieces
- endive leaves, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- small mint or basil sprigs for garnish
- serve with lemon wedges
- In a large bowl, combine diced tuna, lemon zest, sliced mint, sliced basil and stir gently. Taste and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the extra virgin olive oil, if using.
- Spoon a generous portion of tuna on the broken flat bread crackers or endive pieces.
- Serve immediately.