Decadent Chocolate Cake
* 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
* 2 cups of whey crisps
* 1 1/4cups sifted organic whole wheat pastry flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp kosher salt
* 1/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
* 1 1/4 cup natural brown sugar, lightly packed
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Grease and flour a 9” cake pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
3. Melt the chocolate and then allow it to cool slightly. Be careful to not allow it to harden.
4. Beat the butter and sugar for two minutes. Add the eggs and beat for an additional two minutes. Beat in the vanilla and cooled chocolate.
5. Gradually stir in the sifted flour mixture in approximate thirds, alternating each time with 1/4 cup of the sour cream, adding whey crisps at end.
6. Stir in the boiling water. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 23 minutes. Do not overbake this cake! Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
* If serving this cake to guests, for the ultimate decadence and best presentation, top it with a chocolate frosting of choice.