- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cold coffee
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup AP flour, sifted
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" cake pans.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients.
- In separate bowl combine eggs, 1/2 cup milk, coffee, and 2 tsp vanilla.
- In third bowl beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Beat 1/3 dry ingredients into butter mixture, then beat in 1/3 of egg mixture. Repeat twice.
- Divide between pans. Bake 28-32 minutes. Remove from pans, let cool.
- Heat remaining milk and 1 cup cream until boiling.
- In bowl whisk together remaining sugar and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Whisk 1/3 of the boiled cream into the egg mixture.
- Pour into saucepan, whisk constantly until cream boils. Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining vanilla and 5 oz. of chocolate until chocolate melts. Cool. Cover with plastic. Refrigerate.
- To assemble: cut cakes in half horizontally. Spread 1/3 of cream over one layer, top with second layer, repeat ending with cake layer. Refrigerate 1 hour. Boil, remaining cream. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining chocolate until melted. Let mixture cool slightly; pour glaze on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More