- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cold coffee
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup AP flour, sifted
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" cake pans.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients.
- In separate bowl combine eggs, 1/2 cup milk, coffee, and 2 tsp vanilla.
- In third bowl beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Beat 1/3 dry ingredients into butter mixture, then beat in 1/3 of egg mixture. Repeat twice.
- Divide between pans. Bake 28-32 minutes. Remove from pans, let cool.
- Heat remaining milk and 1 cup cream until boiling.
- In bowl whisk together remaining sugar and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Whisk 1/3 of the boiled cream into the egg mixture.
- Pour into saucepan, whisk constantly until cream boils. Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining vanilla and 5 oz. of chocolate until chocolate melts. Cool. Cover with plastic. Refrigerate.
- To assemble: cut cakes in half horizontally. Spread 1/3 of cream over one layer, top with second layer, repeat ending with cake layer. Refrigerate 1 hour. Boil, remaining cream. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining chocolate until melted. Let mixture cool slightly; pour glaze on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More