- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory******This photo is from the "Taste of Home" website- It looks very similar to what my dessert did, but is not my actual recipe******
*This dessert was DEFINITELY the biggest hit of all my holiday desserts this year! I combined about 3 recipes to come up with this one and literally almost EVERY PERSON who tasted it asked for the recipe...
Believe it or not, I TOTALLY forgot to snap a photo of my 2007 masterpiece! I guess that gives me an excuse to make it again! :-D
***(You can also substitute the below "brownie" part of the dessert with an actual brownie mix for simpler results)
- -1/4 cup butter, softened
- -1 Cup sugar
- -2 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
- -2 Eggs, separated
- -1/4 Cup Milk
- -1 tsp. vanilla ext.
- -3/4 Cup Flour
- -1/2 Cup Baking Powder
- -1/4 tsp. salt
- MOUSSE FILLING:
- -2 Cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- -1 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- -1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- -1 Tbsp. vanilla ext.
- -*14-16 creme-filled Pirouette cookies, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add chocolate; mix well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mmilk and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture just until blended.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350' for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool COMPLETELY on a wire rack.
- FOR FILLING:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cream. Cook on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high 1/3 at a time; mix well.
- Spoon onto top of brownie bottom (ENSURING THAT THE BROWNIE IS COOLED). Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and garnish with cut Pirouette cookies, pressing lightly into mousse. Garnish with chocolate shavings, whipped cream or some of the reserved chocolate filling.