- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 oz. package of OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 16 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1. Crush the cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor or zip top bag.
- 2. Add softened cream cheese; mix until well blended. As my playgroup friend says, “until you have mud.”
- 3. Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter for full size truffles or 1/2 inch diameter for mini-truffles. I used a cookie disher for uniform sized balls.
- 4. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- 6. Roll the balls in chocolate to coat completely; use two toothpicks or forks to remove the balls from the chocolate, allowing the extra chocolate to drip off.
- 7. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 8. Refrigerate another 30 minutes until the chocolate forms a hard shell.
- Store leftover truffles (if any) in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
NotesMakes approx. 50 one-inch truffles or 100 half-inch mini-truffles
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Breads and Pastry 101
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More