- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 oz. package of OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 16 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1. Crush the cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor or zip top bag.
- 2. Add softened cream cheese; mix until well blended. As my playgroup friend says, “until you have mud.”
- 3. Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter for full size truffles or 1/2 inch diameter for mini-truffles. I used a cookie disher for uniform sized balls.
- 4. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- 6. Roll the balls in chocolate to coat completely; use two toothpicks or forks to remove the balls from the chocolate, allowing the extra chocolate to drip off.
- 7. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 8. Refrigerate another 30 minutes until the chocolate forms a hard shell.
- Store leftover truffles (if any) in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
NotesMakes approx. 50 one-inch truffles or 100 half-inch mini-truffles
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More