- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 3 oz. Scharffen Berger 62% Cacao Semisweet bars, chopped
- 3 cups baker's cream
- 6 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Bring baker's cream to a boil in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks until they turn bright lemony yellow.
- Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture.
- Divide custard among six 3/4-cup custard cups.
- Place cups in large baking pan. Bake in a hot water bath until custards are set, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from water; chill 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle each custard with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Broil with a butane torch until sugar turns golden, watching closely to avoid burning.
- Refrigerate until custards are set, 1 to 2 hours.
Notes"This is amazing!"
"It should be---I spent all afternoon slaving over a hot pool boy."
This super easy recipe works like an algebraic formula: 1 egg, 1 oz. chocolate, and half cup baker's cream for each person.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Social CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More