- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 3 oz. Scharffen Berger 62% Cacao Semisweet bars, chopped
- 3 cups baker's cream
- 6 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Bring baker's cream to a boil in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks until they turn bright lemony yellow.
- Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture.
- Divide custard among six 3/4-cup custard cups.
- Place cups in large baking pan. Bake in a hot water bath until custards are set, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from water; chill 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle each custard with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Broil with a butane torch until sugar turns golden, watching closely to avoid burning.
- Refrigerate until custards are set, 1 to 2 hours.
Notes"This is amazing!"
"It should be---I spent all afternoon slaving over a hot pool boy."
This super easy recipe works like an algebraic formula: 1 egg, 1 oz. chocolate, and half cup baker's cream for each person.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More