DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE PROSCIUTTO & SPINACH RAVIOLI
Deceptively Simple Prosciutto & Spinach Ravioli
- 1 15-ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Freshly grated parm cheese
Blend the ricotta, spinach, prosciutto, egg yolks, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
Place 1 tablespoon of the ricotta filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edge of the wrapper lightly with water and fold the wrapper in half, being sure to seal completely. Pinch the edges to make sure! Can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead of time as long as they stay covered and refrigerated. Working in batches, cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes per batch.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the oregano and stir 1 minute. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
Pour the oregano butter over the ravioli and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle the parm over the ravioli and serve. Be prepared for excessive compliments!