- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter
- Heat the chocolate, cream, and butter in the top of a double boiler. Stir gently until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Use lukewarm as a pourable glaze or let stand until thick enough to spread like frosting.
- If using as ganache, chill in refrigerator to desired consistency.
- May be reheated to soften. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- Makes a striking coating with rich chocolate taste.
NotesA ganache is an emulsification of chocolate and any water-based liquid—cream, milk, half-and-half, even soy milk. Ganache can be thick or airy, infused with many different flavors, and/or mixed with butter. In what is perhaps its most familiar form, ganache is the center of a truffle.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More