- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter
- Heat the chocolate, cream, and butter in the top of a double boiler. Stir gently until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Use lukewarm as a pourable glaze or let stand until thick enough to spread like frosting.
- If using as ganache, chill in refrigerator to desired consistency.
- May be reheated to soften. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- Makes a striking coating with rich chocolate taste.
NotesA ganache is an emulsification of chocolate and any water-based liquid—cream, milk, half-and-half, even soy milk. Ganache can be thick or airy, infused with many different flavors, and/or mixed with butter. In what is perhaps its most familiar form, ganache is the center of a truffle.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More