- Cooking Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Servings: about 12
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa (or store brand is fine)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.; grease an 8-inch square baking pan (or use cooking spray).
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl; add eggs and beat well with spoon (I used an electric mixer on low speed).
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended; stir in chocolate or peanut butter chips (if using).
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan; cool completely in pan on wire rack and cut into bars.
NotesI got this wonderfully moist and chocolatey brownie recipe from Hershey's Kitchens. As a variation, you can also add semisweet chocolate chips (which I added), or peanut butter chips. And although the recipe calls for Hershey's products, you can just as easily use store products as well (although I did use Hershey's products!).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More