DEEP DISH CHICKEN POT PIE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 15-oz package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 10-oz package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon, divided
- 2.5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 2-oz jar diced pimento
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Place 1 pastry in 10" deep pie plate.
- In large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, bouillon, thyme, and pepper.
- Add water and milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in mixed vegetables, chicken, pimento, and parsley.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Place top crust over chicken mixture.
- Flute edges of pastry and cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is hot.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Bake time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
NotesThis is a super easy chicken pot pie, but make sure to use a DEEP pie plate! I usually use whatever frozen vegetables I have in the freezer and skip the pimento if I don't have any in the house.