DEEP DISH CHICKEN POT PIE
- 1 15-oz package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 10-oz package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon, divided
- 2.5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 2-oz jar diced pimento
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
Heat oven to 400F.
Place 1 pastry in 10" deep pie plate.
In large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
Stir in flour, bouillon, thyme, and pepper.
Add water and milk all at once.
Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in mixed vegetables, chicken, pimento, and parsley.
Pour mixture into pie plate.
Place top crust over chicken mixture.
Flute edges of pastry and cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is hot.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes