- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf apple raisin bread - cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese - cubed
- 3/4 cup walnuts - chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 10 dried apricots - chopped
- 10 dried apples - chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted, optional
- maple syrup
- Grease a 9x13 dish. Place half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish. Scatter cream cheese cubes, nuts, raisins, apricots and apples on top. Cover with remaining bread cubes. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour egg mixture over the top of the bread cubes. Press the cubes down with your hands to sink the top cubes into the egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350°. Let the dish sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake 30-40 minutes more or until the cubes are browned and no liquid is on the bottom. Drizzle melted butter over the top - optional. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.
- Can use any kind of dried fruit. can top with powered sugar, fresh fruit, or any kind of syrup.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Servings: 10
NotesFilled with fruit and nuts, this recipe is great tasting and easy to make ahead.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip's
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More