- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I omit the salt - the ham is salty enough!)
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas ( use canned)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (8 inches)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and onion; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham, peas and eggs.
- Pour into an ungreased 8-inch square or 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish; place over filling.
- Seal and flute the edges; cut slits in the top. Bake at 425º for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Yield: 6 servings.
NotesWhen the holidays are over I often wonder what to do with left over ham. I can only eat so many casseroles with noodles and ham. This is a different way to use up the ham.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More