- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I omit the salt - the ham is salty enough!)
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas ( use canned)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (8 inches)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and onion; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham, peas and eggs.
- Pour into an ungreased 8-inch square or 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish; place over filling.
- Seal and flute the edges; cut slits in the top. Bake at 425º for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Yield: 6 servings.
NotesWhen the holidays are over I often wonder what to do with left over ham. I can only eat so many casseroles with noodles and ham. This is a different way to use up the ham.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More